Job Title: Director of Marketing
SoaPen is an early-stage startup that created a unique product that encourages children to build healthy hygiene habits using a fun and interactive delivery system for washing hands. Created in response to the UNICEF Wearables for Good Challenge, our impact-driven organization aims to address the spread of communicable illnesses both in the United States and in under-served communities worldwide. After a couple of years of product development, we have recently received a round of seed funding and are poised to bring our product into the market at this unique moment of heightened hygiene awareness.
While epidemics have historically provoked relatively short-term behavior change in hand washing and sanitization, the scale and length of the COVID-19 pandemic is unprecedented. As such, experts view the Coronavirus Pandemic as a cataclysmic event that will fundamentally shift the way we interact with hygiene moving forward. For children, this puts the burden of reimagining how kids learn and interact with their hygiene on parents and schools. To date, the majority of COVID-related hygiene products have focused on hand sanitizer specifically, but research shows that sanitizer (which is touted to kill 99.9% of bacteria) could have deleterious effects on immune systems that are not fully developed.
SoaPen allows children to draw on their hands with colorful kid-friendly soap (SLS-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, dermatologically tested, and uses food-grade colorants) that takes 20-40 seconds to scrub off, enabling them to meet CDC guidelines to help prevent the spread of communicable illnesses. We hope to help alleviate some anxiety for parents, caregivers, and schools, by prioritizing children’s hygiene, health, and safety as a partner and thought leader.
SoaPen is seeking an experienced go-to-market professional inspired to aggressively bring our product into the market and dramatically accelerate revenue growth to meet the needs of parents and schools nationwide. This individual will collaborate closely with our nimble and passionate team to develop and implement creative strategies that will allow our unique product to capitalize on the current moment while defining and solidifying a long-lasting brand.
This individual will be positioned at the intersection of marketing, branding and design, product development, and supply chain logistics/operations. As this is one of the first hires at SoaPen, the Director of Marketing will help us define our go-to-market strategy and growth initiatives, taking full ownership to define processes and build teams from the ground up.
We are a startup, so it’s essential that this individual is comfortable working in a dynamic, ever-changing work environment. We’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit that prioritizes the health and safety of children in a fun and playful fashion. We are a fast-moving, fast-growing company – this is an exciting opportunity to bring fun and lightheartedness to an anxiety-ridden situation, and to have an outsized impact on supporting children and families during an unsettling time.
This position is virtual. Slight preference for candidates who can attend meetings in the NYC area as needed.
- Collaborate with the team and individual(s)/agency that you identify to define key use case requirements, help understand the competitive landscape and product positioning, define and execute a go-to-market strategy
- Gain an expert understanding of our markets, industry trends, buyer personas, client pain points, and competitive landscape
- Help drive advertising budgets across key social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram
- Analyze sales and marketing data to inform product packaging and pricing insights
- Help direct the design and implementation of a cohesive, thoughtful, and creative brand strategy that optimizes customer acquisition and consumer awareness
- Collaborate with business development and product to solidify an initial customer base upon which operations can be built to ensure a smooth supply chain cycle
- Spearhead growth initiatives on Amazon, e-commerce, retail, and wholesale by defining channels and opportunities, and pursuing partnerships and strategic team building
- Continuously refine SoaPen’s unique value proposition, drive revenue generation and sustained growth
- Hire and retain additional team members as we grow by contributing to a strong team culture
- Serve as an enthusiastic and energetic supporter of the product and the team, and a leader of positive change in the organization
- Education level: Bachelor’s degree or above in a related field (e.g., Marketing, Communications, PR, Digital Strategy, etc.)
- Minimum of 7-8 years working with Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) companies
- Ability to lead and commercialize development projects in a dynamic, CPG environment
- Experience taking on a high level of responsibilities and ability to meet multiple deadlines in a changing environment is required
- Strong network within and/or knowledge of the ecommerce and retail/wholesale sector
Knowledge & Skills
- Comfort working in the often fluid, changing environment of a startup
- The ability to think strategically and creatively, and execute on those plans (build the solutions yourself, to start)
- Collaborative team player and mentor to others
- Excellent team-building, leadership, and management capabilities
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, and optimistic
- Desire to make a positive and lasting impact on children’s hygiene and safety
Apply here or email email@example.com
Questions? Email Shubham Issar at firstname.lastname@example.org